Cannabis Industry Practice Area – Cannabis Executive Search and Staffing Agency
Our practice area supports clients in the sizable, hyper-growth cannabis industry. Depending on the research source, the annualized industry value is $3 billion (legal commerce), with projected growth $10 billion by 2020. California alone has a current annual crop value exceeding $25 billion as it now is the most valuable agricultural product in the State.
The 2018 California introduction of adult-use cannabis, along with the robust research on valuable medical and health uses for it, create both challenges and great opportunities for businesses in this burgeoning market. Our combination of strategic, operational, life science and financial management expertise provides a full set of solutions for businesses at every stage of growth and business challenge.
Working together, we support businesses with:
- Financial services, such as alternative banking, investment, capital structuring, financing;
- Corporate financial oversight, including income taxes, audits, compilation, reviews, accounting, budgeting, forecasting and reporting
- Accounting systems, including Implementation of 3rd party software, and managing disciplined accounting protocols for EOM close procedures/financial statement preparation; consolidation of related entities; inventory valuation/reconciliation G/L reconstruction; financial statement setup/corrections for 280E concerns; excise & cultivation tax handling and return filing; correcting financial records for GAAP compliance
- Asset and wealth management, such as investments, succession planning;
- Risk management, such as insurance, security, access to credit, treasury and operations support
- Business development based on new applications from life science R&D, strategic partnerships, mergers and acquisitions, organic revenue growth strategies and sales operational optimization.
- Strategic planning and talent acquisition, to facilitate strategic thinking about the future of the business and to find the best people to hire to succeed;
- Business partner services, to ensure businesses have ideal relationships with attorney, bankers, auditors and specialty service providers who can provide solutions specifically focused on client needs.
Regardless of the stage your company, the CFOs2GO partner team is exceptionally qualified to address the challenges in the industry. Our team has the integrated experience and capability to successfully help clients develop their business and financial solutions. We have coverage throughout California, with a dedicated office in cannibis epicenters in North and North East California, including Emerald Triangle, Napa, Sonoma, Central Valley, Reno, as well as in Oregon.
The CannaBiz Team
Chris Reynolds, Controller
Joe Markunas, CFO
John Beasley, CFO
Marc Loupe, CFO
Mark Quesenberry, CRO
“I work with cannabis business executive teams to develop their strategic plans for smart, sustainable growth. Strategic thinking is a team effort to dream and make that dream come true.”
– Donna Hamlin
“Cannabis and its related products, industrial hemp and CBD, are witnessing unprecedented acceptance and growth that threatens to outpace the ability of growers and processors to keep pace. It is why my experience working with vertically integrated “seed to table” operators is an invaluable resource for my clients.”
– Joe Markunas
“I’ve spent the last four years solely working with cannabis cultivators, manufacturers, distributors, and dispensaries to help them clean up their books, make informed financial decisions, and raise capital.”
– John Beasley
“I help vertically integrated/multi-entity cannabis companies improve their financial
management practices, including GAAP compliance, finance personnel talent enhancements and implementing operational finance best practices.”
– Marc Loupe
“I advise and build companies in emerging industries to successful growth paths, with expertise in go to market strategy, revenue growth, branding and marketing, sales development, pricing and incentivization.”
– Mark Quesenberry
“As our CFO for almost two years. John not only ensures our books are right, as he also gives us comprehensive financial analysis, strategic advising, and experienced input as we develop and execute new business ideas. He’s not just a hired gun. He’s very much a part of our team.”